Well-established distributor of fine wines, handcrafted beers & spirits seeking a FULL-TIME Night Warehouse Lead for the following area:
Under general supervision, assigns work schedule to work crew. Trains warehouse workers and follows company guidelines to revise work assignments. Is trained and certified to use hand-held electronic inventory devices to track, code, or mark merchandise. Follows oral or written work orders in the areas of order pulling, receiving, storing product properly. Leads the receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of company product. Maintains stock records and schedules. Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other related duties may be assigned or requested:
- Responsible for staff training
- Is trained to safely and properly place received shipments into proper storage location.
- Completes receiving paperwork and documentation.
- Monitors assigned workflow and working hours, with special emphasis on productivity and reduction of overtime hours.
- Assigns large orders for pulling and scheduling for shipment.
- Identifies appropriate pallets and provides staged location to routers.
- Assigns personnel to assist in the restocking of each section when necessary.
- Trains and guides crew in pulling “each” orders for shipment.
- Responsible for general cleanup of warehouse; includes sweeping warehouse floors, cleaning restrooms, and mopping spilled and/or broken products off warehouse floor.
- Performs safety check for possible hazards of leaning pallets, exit doors being blocked, etc.
- Ensures container seals match documentation upon container arrival, due to customs clearance
- Rotates older stock within a location prior to placing new arrived stock into location
- Lifts pallets utilizing MHE equipment into upper rack locations
- Transfers product from hardwood pallets to CHEP pallets for Costco shipments
- Selects and pulls a large variety of cases and bottles for shipment to a single customer, making sure the vintage is correct, etc.
- Minimum four years experience in a warehouse environment
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience with at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a warehouse environment
- Ability to use warehouse equipment: forklifts, reach trucks, order pickers, electric pallet jacks
- Must be sufficiently familiar with various distribution processes to be able to timely accomplish task to delivery schedules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically, Word and Excel
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Must be multi-task–oriented, with ability to prioritize workload
Includes bending, squatting, reaching, walking, standing, carrying, and lifting an average of 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more repetitively throughout work hours
- Occasional handling of will-calls: Receiving product from the warehouse and placing the product in the salesperson’s vehicle.
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car.
- Occasional handling of kegs – this must be handled by two individuals
- May operate a forklift, ride-on electric pallet jack, and order picker
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.