Well-established distributor of fine wines, handcrafted beers & spirits seeking a FULL-TIME Night Shift Warehouse Superviosor for the following area:
Is responsible for the command and control of the night pulling and loading operation. Is to ensure efficient and safe loading practices are followed and work is completed in a timely manner. Supervises equipment operators, office routing personnel, yard spotters, and general loading personnel. Is responsible for shift scheduling and has the latitude to revise schedules to accommodate special orders. Keeps records on all assigned personnel in relation to duty performance and timeliness of assigned tasks. Must ensure security procedures are followed at all times. This is a nonexempt supervisory position; incumbent typically spends at least 80% performing these functions. Additional duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other related duties may be assigned or requested:
- Maintains command and control of shift operations
- Enforces safety practices during pulling and loading operation
- Assigns personnel to appropriate shift schedules and duty position
- Maintains work performance records on all assigned personnel
- Supervises the efficient method of pulling orders and staging cases for loading trucks
- Suggest improvements to processes.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with other departments’ activities, such as sales, inventory control, purchasing and human resources.
- Ensures all safety and security procedures are followed
- Conducts ongoing staff training including formal routine performance evaluations.
- Ensure the policy on warm up, stretching is carried out at the start of shift.
- High School graduate is required.
- Must be able to read and write in English to be able to follow instructions
- Three to five years’ supervisory experience in warehouse environment.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, and climb.
- All positions require lifting 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to Operate forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and reach trucks to retrieve product from various warehouse locations depending on the position ( Company will train and certify)
- Must be able to work holidays
- Ability to work in teams and follow instructions
- Occasionally required to work overtime
- Good command of written and spoken English; bilingual is beneficial.
Includes bending, squatting, reaching, walking, standing, carrying, and lifting an average of 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more repetitively throughout work hours
- Occasional handling of will-calls: Receiving product from the warehouse and placing the product in the salesperson’s vehicle.
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car.
- Occasional handling of kegs – this must be handled by two individuals
- May operate a forklift, ride-on electric pallet jack, and order picker
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.