Well-established distributor of fine wines, handcrafted beers & spirits seeking a FULL-TIME Account Executive for the following account(s):
REGIONAL NATIONAL & HOTEL
Under general supervision, performs field promotional work to develop new business. Responsible for all headquarter calls, pricing, and all facets of accounts. Compiles and analyzes data including market share, IRI (Information Resources Inc.), and other sales trend indicators. Works effectively with Marketing, Purchasing, Credit, Warehouse, Sales Management and Suppliers, towards accomplishing monthly and annual goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned or requested:
- Development & implementation of strategies to achieve territory sales growth in line with company revenue goals.
- Calls on corporate headquarters for Regional Chains and Key Hotels concentrated in San Francisco East Bay and surrounding area.
- Ability to utilize sales reporting systems to analyze trends in assigned sales territory, report issues and opportunities to management, and develop strategic business plans.
- Coordinates National Chain authorizations, pricing and promotions to broad market sales division.
- Works effectively with all levels of broad market sales division to accomplish goals in assigned key accounts.
- Prepares and conducts professional client business reviews by organizing and delivering data in a logical manner.
- Accountable for achieving departmental revenue, volume and distribution goals on company priorities on quarterly basis.
- Enlists suppliers to develop strategies for corporate programs, i.e. Wine list; Wine-by-the-Glass programs; Premium Beer programs; and special events.
- Develops sales programs in Hotels and Regional Accounts.
- Develops new prospective key accounts through cold-calling.
- Attends monthly team and general sales meetings, including educational seminars on new or existing products.
- Responsible for timely response (within 24 hours) on all communications within the company or with external business partners
- Responsible for coordinating wait staff Wine and Beverage Training Seminars within territory.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years sales experience in the wine and spirits industry.
- Candidate ideally has experience managing a team to deliver sales objectives.
- Proven track record of roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Candidate ideally has industry certifications including, but not limited to: Certified Specialist of Wine, Certified Specialist of Spirits, Certified Sommelier, Cicerone & Wine and Spirits Education Trust Level 2.
- Can demonstrate extensive product knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits.
- Ability to operate independently and under minimum supervision to accomplish job duties.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Experience working with Diver or similar sales data reporting systems to be able to conduct accurate & timely reporting.