Family-owned Distributor of Fine Wine, Craft Beer and premium spirits seeking a FULL-TIME Regional Manager for the following area(s):
Oceanside to La Jolla, East to Escondido
Responsible for the sale of company products through subordinates in a particular geographical area. To establish goals and distribution/sales objectives within the region and to administrate same as directed by Executive Management.
- Manages On-Premise sales representatives' day-to-day activity; responsibilities include proactive training, coaching and monitoring of individual performance and aiding in the establishment of performance targets and goals, while supervising their actions accordingly.
- Assists in the professional development of individual sales representatives, carefully monitoring and reviewing their progress.
- Assembles, motivates and leads an integrated sales team that will work together as a unit to achieve Company objectives.
- Establishes and maintains professional contact with all high-visibility accounts.
- Coordinates and monitor effectiveness of suppliers work-withs.
- Exemplifies leadership by being a positive role model while maintaining a dynamic, professional and ethical work environment for sales team, other employees, supplier partners and clients.
- Provides territory coverage when any of the sales representatives are on vacation or on leave of absence.
- Communicates and interacts with all lines and levels of Wine Warehouse personnel.
- Develops new and better channels to effectively manage promotional programs with regard to competition and market dynamics.
- Responsible for annual employee job reviews and periodic performance evaluations.
- Responsible for employee conformity to Company policies as outlined in personnel handbook.
- Minimum five (5) years’ regional or sales and service team management
- Progressive job experience resulting in multi-faceted responsibilities
- Extensive Fine Wine knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superb management and organizational skills
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over selling”
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within the territory is preferred
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
Commitment to performance: Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of attention to details and high personal standards of performance
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Visiting accounts daily which requires getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Handling will-calls (occasional): Receiving product from our warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Placing cases of beer, wine or other products in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
- Handling Draft Accounts (Occasionally): Moving kegs in a cold room (Occasionally-performed task which must be handled by two individuals; providing line cleaning and other draft services)
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing are required.
- Re-stocking existing displays with new merchandise and replenishing cold boxes from product on display, which requires work above the shoulders.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus