Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits for California seeking a Purchasing Coordinator.
At the direction of the Director of Purchasing and Department Lead, assists in purchasing products from suppliers and coordinates the transportation and receipt of products (Wine, Beer, Spirits and Non Alcoholic beverages) from suppliers and/or other resources as determined by Company management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. The definition of essential functions of this position does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time:
- Analyzes company needs for inventory
- Prepares purchase orders
- Communicates purchase orders to Suppliers, vendors, truckers, Custom’s Brokers and shipping agencies.
- Tracks and updates Purchase Order delivery dates.
- Requests Purchase Order confirmations and updates PO’s accordingly
- Prepares and coordinates stock transfers
- Works with the warehouse on all Purchase Order delivery discrepancies
- Facilitates and works with the Warehouse on the delivery and shipment of product to/from Suppliers
- Prepares shipment and transportation paperwork for product pickup and delivery to Company facilities.
- Coordinates outside trucker deliveries for domestic pickup and delivery
- Tracks local orders through pick up and inventory receipts
- Tracks all domestic order progress on a daily basis
- Tracks all import order progress on a weekly basis
- Coordinates the receipt of goods with our warehouse facilities
- Coordinates purchasing through invoicing or special order goods for customers
- Coordinates invoicing for sub-jobber and out-of-state orders and prepares documentation for warehouse facilities
- Coordinates invoicing for Trader Joe’s and other House Accounts
- Processes and coordinates Supplier orders
- Communicates arrival information, out of stock information and eta (estimated time of arrival) information with the sales force and company departments
- Four to six years’ experience in purchasing, preferably in wholesale and distribution environment
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
- Knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of inventory control policies and procedures
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
The employee must be able to walk, climb stairs, bend, reach, and lift if necessary, up to 25 pounds. To successfully perform the essential job functions, an employee must meet the physical demands required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
Individual may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required when filing documents or storing materials through the work day.