Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits for California seeking a FULL-TIME Warehouse Night Loader for the following area:
Under close supervision, follows oral or written work orders in the storage or movement of received stock, equipment, or merchandise. Uses hand truck or power devices to haul material to or from storage or work sites to designated areas, and stores items in bins, on floor, or on shelves for convenient removal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other related duties may be assigned or requested:
- Picks product from the warehouse and prepares orders for shipment
- Manually loads product of wine, beer, spirits and beer kegs into company delivery bobtail truck
- Checks product to ensure that the correct quantity and the correct product is being loaded.
- Moves product utilizing hand truck
- Performs general cleanup of warehouse (i.e. sweeping, mopping, cleaning breakage, discarding shrink wrap, and cardboard boxes)
- Organizes warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Reports any damaged equipment, and/or inventory breakage to warehouse management
- 2-3 years of experience working in warehouse/ distribution environment is desired.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays if required.
- Ability to operate forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and reach trucks to retrieve product from various warehouse locations depending on the position (Company will train and certify).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Basic reading, writing, and math aptitude.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions.
Includes bending, squatting, reaching, walking, standing, carrying, and lifting an average of 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more repetitively throughout work hours
- Occasional handling of will-calls: Receiving product from the warehouse and placing the product in the salesperson’s vehicle.
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car.
- Occasional handling of kegs – this must be handled by two individuals
- Riding on a forklift
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.